7 For an overseer,[a] as God’s steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain, 8 but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. 9 He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound[b]doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it. (Titus 1:7-9,English Standard Version (ESV))
The words from Titus 1 sting, they actually sting a lot when you think about leaders we have had or like me, think about how I have been as a leader. Yes, my leadership is on a much smaller scale than a CEO of a company or a politician, but having proper leadership is important, because we affect the lives of so many people.
I want to focus on September 12, 2001. The day after we were attacked by terrorists and the World Trade Centers came crashing downing, killing thousands of people, our leadership failed us and failed God. In pride and arrogance, our leaders and the people of this nation, me included, vowed that we will rebuild after this attack. We would get together and build a stronger America, and we were going to do it on our own.
After reading Jonathan Cahn’s book, The Harbinger, I have come to the conclusion that not only were we arrogant as a nation, but when the leaders read from scriptures, specifically Isaiah 9:10, we were bringing down judgment on this nation by declaring that we would rebuild. The judgments of God can be reversed though, and below I have listed seven specific ways this can be done.
- The leaders of America; our government leaders, church leaders and business leaders need to come before America and God and start America back down the path of returning to God. This should have been done on September 12, 2001, but it is never too late for us to realize our first priority is to return to God.
- We need to as a nation and as individuals seek forgiveness from God for all of our sins.
- Repent of our sins, as individuals and as a nation. Yes, this is going to totally change everything we do as a nation and as people, but doing things God’s way bring about peace, happiness and His blessings.
- Tear down all idols and false alters. Rid our land of these things figuratively and physically. We should seek first the Kingdom of God.
- Restore Christ’s church to Him. Get rid of all the man-made junk that has corrupted and clouded His church into becoming a church of apathy.
- Get rid of all Christian denominations, we are the body of Christ period.
- No more man-made church doctrine, preach, teach and learn from the bible period.
- The welfare programs get returned to the church, where they belong.
- Put our obedience to God first again. The bible says that God is the Word and the Word became flesh (Jesus). We need to obey God’s word!
- Love each other. The 2 greatest commandments were Love the Lord our God with all of our Heart, Soul and Mind and to love each other as ourselves. The rest of the law hangs on these two!
It’s that easy. Return, seek God’s forgiveness, repent, seek His Kingdom, restore Christ’s church to Jesus (He is the Chief Priest), obey God and Love. Let’s do it God’s way. We can no longer pray that America is restored to its greatness, but we need to pray that we return to the Great Lord and Savior – Jesus Christ. When that happens, we will become the blessed nation that God had created.
Father in heaven, I pray that we as individuals and as a nation we return to you. I pray that we all will seek forgiveness, repent of our sins, seek first your Kingdom, let Jesus have control of His church again, to obey your word and show us all how to love you and each other as much as you love us. In Jesus name.